PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - American Pilots view of TWA Pilot merger.
Old 12th Aug 2001, 03:27
dallas dude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
411A,

Have you ever actually thought something through before you hit send?

You berate AA pilots, yet your "solution" would harm former TWA pilots much more.

APA's solution offers AA payrates with full TWA length of service (on average 35-48% more than they made IF TWA was still in business). You, however, suggest they keep the same B division salary. And work rules. And health benefits. And hubs. And the now worthless retirement paychecks and benefits to those who toiled sweat for TWA and retired when it was a world great. You see where I'm going?

They WILL now receive a retirement check that can actually be cashed. It's unlikely they would, if AA hadn't shown up with its lifeboat.

Now, on to your other brilliant point. The TWA airline WAS indeed a leviathon many years ago. Just as George Best WAS a great soccer player, Billy Jean King WAS a great tennis player and Reggie Jackson WAS a great ball player. It might be news to your cloth head but if these once greats showed up for a game now it probably wouldn't be playing at the highest level, as they did in their prime. Times change. Sad I know but that's reality (which I realise doesn't exist on your planet).

I can't stress enough, APA pilots DO NOT consider TWA's pilots as anything less than capable. The simple fact is for the last FIFTEEN years TWA has been dying a slow death . The one's that stayed made that choice. No one held a gun to their head. Many left of their own free will to join other viable airlines including AA. They obviously made a tough but correct choice.

Former glory will not sustain anything other than fond memories. It certainly won't pay the bills.

With APA's plan TWA folks will be quids in!

For you to suggest that TWA be kept separate so it may be leveraged against APA demonstrates just how little you know. Great plan, piss off ALL the pilots!

No wonder you've had to build a career in the sandbox. With you and McCain that's two Arizona villages missing their idiots.

NSF......There's never enough Porridge on US TV!

dd

[ 11 August 2001: Message edited by: dallas dude ]