PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PAL Pilot Exodus
View Single Post
Old 28th Nov 2006, 10:19
DeltaSix

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Cessna1052
Pareng Machten,
In my personal viewpoint, they did not look at you as a Filipino, as far as they are concern they hired an FAA bearing license and a US citizen Pilot.
Cessna
From what I've observed, Cessna1052 has a very valid point here.

Let me explain, I know of 6 people here from Australia who applied with CX.
Two are holders of Australian passports, the other 4 although permanent residents are still holders of other passports ( Philippine, Jordanian, Korean and Tunisian ). All went to the same school, same training, 2 of them have more hours than the Aussie passport holders, the Jordanian is an F/O on the Fokker. Guess which ones got hired ?..... You guessed right, the Australian passport holders.
But having said that, it doesn't mean that they have preferences for white skin. Remember this, in any job, you might have all the qualifications in the world but IF YOU DON'T SUIT THEIR PROFILE they won't hire you.

The Aussie citizens will be based here and for operational purposes they will have less problems coming into the country and no chance that their citizenship will be revoked unlike a permanent resident that if he or she doesn't meet the required time in Australia, it can be cancelled.
So, they based this on operational matters ( such as citizenship)and not by race. If they think they have a use for you (by being a citizen of a particular country) then of course the gate is wider but it doesn't mean the gate is shut if you are not a citizen of a developed country.

So keep trying...... I just had an email from CX asking for an update.

Just remember one thing, if you do go take your family with you otherwise forget it.
Loneliness will be your greatest enemy in a foreign land. They are not the same as the good traits of Filipinos. In this land, it's either you sink or swim. "Bahala ka sa buhay mo - walang tutulong sa iyo"....... But i guess some if not most of us are already used to this treatment.

Goodluck mates
Cheers
D6

Last edited by DeltaSix; 28th Nov 2006 at 10:30.