PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is Ek This Bad?
Thread: Is Ek This Bad?
View Single Post
Old 28th Nov 2006, 04:24
145qrh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry for the thread creep

Ek Clinic has some very good doctors, but like all EK departments they have a budget.

They do try and cut as much cost as they can, limits on Physio, dental, re-charging for prescription medecine...Inflated costs for over the counter stuff at Pharmacy....supposed to non-profit but they charge more than local pharamcy..go figure

It sounds like that they are thinking of implementing the terms in our contract...which haven't changed , we have been relying on the generosity of our magnificent managers to go above and beyond what they have to do...after all EK is in serious financial difficulty .....stands to reason, the only other companies as ruthless about cost cutting are in Chapt 11...

AS for the other points mostly spot on..despite what Turtle has to offer..

DEC programme was the first the sign of trouble. Cost cutting has had a major affect on most peoples long term financial situation....cost neutral salary cuts put me worse of now than I was 3 years ago..as for the spending power of the Dh in you pocket , I'll let the financial whizz kids work out exactly how much that has cost, all I know is that I know earn less, and have a lower standard of living now than I did before I joined EK...over 3 years ago..and before turtle head says that I am better of.....

Yes, the Villa I live in is larger, but a bed is a bed even if it is in a room 4 times the size, a TV shows the same stuff even if it's 42", the huge 4x4 is still a car, bit of a necessity rather than luxury and it costs me more than the sedan I used to drive on account of fuel economy being about a fifth as good, standard of produce im shops is generally poor, variety is another matter...

I go out less, have less savings, fewer holidays, and am permanently knackered...so as far as I am concerned my standard of living is lower..

.....DEC programme,anti pilot managers, inflation ...all add up to a huge pay cut...

Pause for breath...rant over

Last edited by 145qrh; 28th Nov 2006 at 04:46.