PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet* or Virgin Blue - what would you choose?
Old 28th Nov 2006, 02:10
32megapixels

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Thumbs up,

thank you for your reply. I agree, every one should hold their head high!
I included industry respect into this as it can influence ones decision.

I am open to either airline and it is from the posts and information through pprune, newspapers, ASX and others that I have at this stage considered VB suitable. However, I can also see myself in a Jetstar position within a year or two if I decided this path. I am trying to research what is most suitable to my lifestyle and how satisfied I would be in making an important decision as such.

As for my reasons, I do think respect has a lot to do with picking a career path and both should be respected, but at the moment it swings in one direction more so than the other.

I honestly do not like the slagging that other pilots give either Jet* or VB in any respect, but would it influence you in getting a career with another airline down the track if you were to choose one over the other now. In regards to Cathay, M-Rats etc.

At this stage, I am still with VB, but you have swayed me toward Jet* slightly. Like I said before, I can be convinced otherwise. I am open to suggestions from both sides and others that are in the same situation that you and I find ourselves in would be interested to know what would best suit them.