PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nationwide current issues (threads merged)
Old 27th Nov 2006, 19:37
Shrike200

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by nugpot
Can someone enlighten us to the command requirements. Are they that much different from the other established SA operators?
I will double check, and maybe they are comparable to other operators in SA (but please bear in mind that other operators actually pay their F/O's enough to sometimes want to actually stay on long enough to become a Captain).

Anyway, last I looked (and it varies depending on which V.B. edited version of the ops manual you find floating around, perhaps I should just go to the CAA and check the approved version) it was 4800 hours on a multi-crew, multi-engined aircraft above 12.5 tones (sic. Yes, they really said/spelt it just like that), as well as something like 5500 hours total time. I could be totally wrong of course, which is often the case. The total time is perhaps doable, but the weight issue isn't really - you'd have to be an F/O at Nwide for 5 years to become eligible, assuming you hadn't flown an aircraft above 12.5 'tones' beforehand - and staying an F/O at Nwide for that long isn't really a financially viable option. They may change the tune now though.