PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is Ek This Bad?
Thread: Is Ek This Bad?
View Single Post
Old 27th Nov 2006, 19:33
EK Pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My take from the inside.

1) DE Captain is detroying careers - not destroying, but affecting.
2) Fatigue is a major issue - Absobloodylutely. Deafness an attribute of most managers though.
3) Housing is at best temporary. Can be moved to a new outpost in desert - I have had three company houses and just about to move to my fourth.
4) Pay is not on par with inflation - See answer to 2)
5) Managers who are anti-pilot - Not anti-pilot, just self serving. They are on a different bonus scheme, so why rock the boat?
6) New sick policy means potential BK or jail time without ability to pay bills - Yes, but only if you have debts here that will not be covered by a 50% reduction in your salary, which is pretty much everyone.
7) Sub par retirement - Definately, unless you are lucky enough to be able to put extra by each month.

I read recently in another post a fantastic quote taken from the movie An Inconvenient Truth. I'll type it here in bold and emphasise that TCAS and Ed et al should really be judged by these words, not by their actions.

It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it.