PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Climbing the greasy pole
View Single Post
Old 27th Nov 2006, 12:37
maxgrad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A couple of things;
Firstly..I'm writing something...SO GET THE DAMNED BANNER OFF MY SCREEN!
Secondly... RUNURPP - Well said. GA isn't just busted ars pistons, it is also (busted ass) turbines and at times some very nice gear.

If you are in this to fly the shiny big......already said, I know but some just don't/won't get it.

Employers are not stupid, (well generally speaking ) they can see your attitude a mile off. They know the industry and the expectations of a percentage to get in do it and leave for better things ASAP. Most generally accept this with some rules, give them enough time to make it worth their while to employ you in the first place, (don't do this and you name will circulate), do the best you can and in a professional way, it stands out like dogs dingles when you don't. Enjoy as much as you can as this will confirm to your employer and EVERYBODY else that you are in it for the long run and you will be remembered,(in the right way this time).

GA can be a stepping stone and it can be a viable career. Your choices and your actions are the main driver.

I could say plenty more but the naysayers can only take small amounts in at a time.

(spelling....I just don't care anymore )