PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How employable are Instructors?
View Single Post
Old 27th Nov 2006, 05:58
wdn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
remoak
And if by "fully feathered approach" you actually mean an approach with one propellor feathered... that is about the safest assymetric manoeuver, if carried out correctly... and if you go around from a safe height.
go around from an asymmetric approach with a propeller feathered in training? come on, no one here can seriously suggest that that method is safe, or even demonstrates that remoak's comments, as PB says, are

professionally qualified....PB
The way to impart knowledge and skill is NOT in the demonstration... it is the subsequent coaching of the student, while he or she is flying, that does that
coaching while they're flying? demonstration doesn't help? i'll quote form the recently revised CASA flying instructors manual, p vi

An instructor should assume full control of the aircraft when it is necessary to re-brief or debrief the student in flight. This allows the student to better concentrate on what is being said.
not listening to some snide comments while the students are trying to practice fault corrections for themselves

and, p vi again

If remedial instruction is required for a correctly identified problem it often only involves a re-demonstration.....
the demonstration of the instructor's high standard of airmanship is critical in developing the same in the student. i note, remoak, that you only mention knowledge and skill as important for a charter pilot.

In charter, you aim is to exercise knowledge and skill.
why am i not surprised by that?

in general, good instructors make good charter pilots, very few pilots make good instructors.