PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar's march continues
View Single Post
Old 27th Nov 2006, 03:01
NIGELINOZ
Incurable Romantic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As someone who does not work in the industry(I generally hang out in passengers and self loading freight),may I offer a few points.I have flown with just about every carrier for domestic business travel and I have to say that choosing a low cost carrier like Jet*,V Blue etc is fine for short haul flights of around an hours actual flying time,eg,MEl-HBA,MEL-SYD,etc,in this situation the lack of pillows,having to pay for coffee etc are more than made up for in lower ticket cost,and if I pay an extra $30.00 on V Blue I get a front row seat which on Qantas business class would cost a heap more.Having said that on a long haul flight (which I have yet to undertake) I would not choose Jet* or Pacific Blue or any LCC.If I am going to be sitting in a metal tube for anything up to 24 hours (or longer) I expect a level of service and I am prepared to pay for itI can envisage a time in the future when Qantas tries to shift all economy class pax to Jet*with crews based overseas,low fares,low service,low cost to provide the service.and Qantas management get the bonus that the crew deserve.