PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Climbing the greasy pole
View Single Post
Old 26th Nov 2006, 22:18
32megapixels

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nev. Nobody,

I could not agree more with you.

2pissed, I can see why you are frustrated, but have a look at your current situation. I will give you some advise as others here seem to rant on with crap.

Renew your instrument rating with some one that has a good reputation up north if it is within 90 days of expiring. You will need to do your research to see what ATO(s) are used by a twin engine company that you may be targeting.

It may be hard for you to get to a company that has twin engines to get your 'face in the door', but call them and ask them what ATO they use.

If you impress their ATO, make sure you get the ATO to at least offer a recommendation to help you.

This may cost you a couple of grand, but once you land that twin job, flying 50-70 hours a month, you will think that it has been worth the investment.

Now, when you have done all your G.A. time and all your studies, your next question will be, why should I work for some airlines when their pay is crap also. Why should I sell myself to the lower paying airlines for all the back braking work that I have done?

Your answer could be - other easier piloting paths through certain companies have let to the lowering of wages across the board of aviation.

The questions will keep coming for many years of your career.

The sacrifices are many, but you will be a better person at the end of your hard work. Remember, you will be respected a great deal more by many when you do get through the next couple of years.

All the best.