PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PPLs playing CPLs
View Single Post
Old 26th Nov 2006, 22:02
Out of Date

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There are boundaries, which a PPL shouldn't cross, and as I said previously there is always a minority who do, that's life and you will never stop it.

When one decides to step up the next wrung of the ladder to Commercial Pilot you must assume it's to earn money out of the same and so you enter a Commercial world. That's fine you only have your piers to compete against and good luck to you.

However back in the private world where people like me just fly purely for pleasure and under no pressure whatsoever if any of us get a chance of free flying (and I am not talking about ferrying passengers/charter or wilfully abusing the system) we will take it.

So for all you CPs that have spent thousands of pounds, endless hrs of studying for a few hrs flying on said course to further your careers great, nothing wrong with that we need you, as I said it was your choice.
My choice however was to spend few pounds with just enough studying, for thousands of hours of flying.

With almost 30 years of it (first lesson 3rd Jan 1977) I have a wealth of experience on many types which I have no problem in passing on my experience to lessor mortals. Be it in my living room or sat in as safety pilot its my way of giving something back to the system for being in a privileged position to have been able to own & fly choppers in the first place and lets face it we are all privileged to be able to fly.

Oh and just in case you were wondering I have never ever requested nor received a penny for my efforts.