PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PAL Pilot Exodus
View Single Post
Old 26th Nov 2006, 19:03
machten

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alright mga bossing, let me get this straight.

I am 100% pure Pinoy born and raised in the Phils. Pareng Cessna, I think I pm'd you that I hold both Filipino and US passports. I did my training in the states and currently employed with a regional airline dito din sa states. So pareng Thrust Clb, to answer your question, yes I'm based in the states. Now, whether or not that has any bearing on my application with CX, I do not know. I'm just trying to imply that some guys here earlier said that to forget CX if you have brown skin. Well, obviously that is a load of crap. I asked a guy from recruitment during my interview whether and if there are any Filipinos in CX. He said except for Air HK, no. I asked why and he basically said nobody really applies and when they do get one, they are so few and in between. So, there you go. To people like Thrust Clb who did apply and get no more than a sniff is truly disappointing. At the same time, I put the application in - got the call - went through the process - and got hired. Now, how they select the few who gets the nod is something the recruiters can only answer. But to say that their hiring practices is racially biased is wrong.

So, did CX really hire a Pinoy? Kayo na bahala...