PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Polar/atlas Merger Unfair
View Single Post
Old 26th Nov 2006, 15:26
mercpc9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by furloughfodder
There was a typo on the "no bump no flush" part of the letter. The revision should be out later this week.

I think DOH with a fence for the Polar crews would have been fair also. It is obvious this list is skewed towards Polar. (There, I said it!)
I agree on both counts.

Doesn't really answer what "no bump no flush no system re-bid" means to the average Polar/Atlas guy though. I'm curious what the Polar MEC is saying to the masses. Depending on future events, the award may have little effect on Atlas crewmembers. While the list hurts looking at it up front, it seems the conditions placed in the award leave us an out of sorts.

Just my opinion, but it looks like the Atlas MEC screwed the pooch again on this one. There are now working so close with Cato and management that they are blind to what is happening in the real world. The fact is, if Caputo does not get re-elected, he is SOL. If my memory serves, he doesn't even have a medical any more. I hear rumors that he is in line for a position in Purchase. All rumors of course... but this is the "Professional Pilots RUMOUR Network."
The Atlas MEC did screw the pooch. It was the Amussen and Weiss MEC 2001 that did it with the secret agreement back in 2002 when Atlas A/C were being moved to Polar and they made the secret agreement and seniority list which created the now called "Red-Blue" list of seniority Polar submitted in the arbitration. That shot us square in the balls. No if's - ands - or - buts about it. I'm just glad they were not re-elected. God knows what other damage they could have done on top of the other things they already did. Secret Agreement in PDF.

I see that is the latest mantra from the Polar MEC to his underground communications committee. To say and do anything to get rid of the Bourne and Caputo MEC. I can understand this since the Amussen and Weiss Atlas MEC gave Polar everything they ever wanted and effectively shot every Atlas crewmember in the head. I new Amussen and Fell were buddies, but I didn't know at the time it was going to cost all the Atlas crews upgrades and continued employment from their friendship.

You better get used to Bourne and Caputo. They have been the only one's to actually try to mend fences, work with Polar without giving everything away, and all they have recieved from Polar is complete disappointment and attacks at the prompting of the Polar MEC. Those BTW can be reiviewed under the "who is the buyer for Polar" thread.

You guys need to vote in some new leadership.
The same is said of the Polar MEC and more importantly of those running the show from the shadows. Those like Robin Hair and Bob Fell (Funny how he is on medical leave from Polar, but flying helicopters in Homer AK speaking of medical guys and still conducting union business. Bet he is getting paid by the union also.)

Yes, I'm sure you want someone like Weiss in there. Someone willing to give away everything to Polar and recieve nothing positive in return let alone the betrayals we did get.

You might as well get over it, if we do merge, the Atlas group knows that anything or anyone supported by Polar will cost them dearly. If nothing else, we do have solidarity enough to make sure no one ends up on the combined company MEC from Polar or any committee. That has been guaranteed by Polar's actions and not by the standing Atlas MEC.