PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Climbing the greasy pole
View Single Post
Old 26th Nov 2006, 02:53
2p!ssed2drive

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Climbing the greasy pole

Hi Everyone - maybe a little time for me to vent. Apologies if I sound like 'just another' but I don't post that often and would like to hear back from some people.

Am 22, have 1200 hours... ME-CIR, NVFR (M/E), ATPL subjects... Have flown every single engine cessna and piper you could expect to find up north. Only have about 30 hours multi engine.
I am finding it very difficult to find a break in the twin engine industry and feel like no-body wants to know me, after all the hard work and effort of flying up north. And even while I'm still working my boss is breathing down our throats to: "Just be a little bit more proactive about your flying and then move on". (When we get paid peanuts?)

I understand alot of guys have been through exactly this. But just for the sake of my sanity, I'd love to hear from some guys who are flying the red-tails and shiney red jets who have been here and done it, and let me know how you perservered through it (ie, living on the bones of your arse, and trying to stop the sweat dripping into your eyes as you fly your C210 through the wet season and it stings like buggery). Or even if someone could shed some light on where I can find some twin work, because all I feel like doing at the moment is moving home and being with friends/family that I miss so badly!

2p!ssed