PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar's march continues
View Single Post
Old 25th Nov 2006, 22:57
peuce

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by podbreak
Leane and Peuce,

Both of these appear to be attempts to push Q customers onto J*.
You can assume that, but you would be wrong... at least for me.

I travel on Jetstar, Qantas, Virgin, America West, Alaska Airlines, Hawaiian Airlines, Harmony Airlines etc etc. I pick the flight that provides the best value, schedule & comfort ... for my particular travelling date.

The example I picked was from a random date and the fares are correct. As I said, I am sure you could pick another date and possibly find the reverse oucome.

My point is ... those that say that Jetstar don't have cheper flights once you take into account taxes etc ... are purely sprouting generalisations. My example proves that.

Jetstar is just one of the options available when planning a trip. Sometimes it will be the airline selected (for all the reasons stated above) sometimes it won't. But what tips it a bit MY way is the Star Class option.

Qantas don't have a comparable product. Virgin do, Blue Zone ... but they don't fly on the routes I'm looking at. Air New Zealand does, so I take them into consideration.

You can choose whoever you like to fly with. I'm just offering my thoughts on how I choose.