PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe - 3 (Including the FlyBe/BACon merger)
Old 25th Nov 2006, 19:04
BHDflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by chrism20
Another possibility might be to ditch the 145's and keep the BAcon 146's and their own 146's for the time being until the 195's & Q400's have all been delivered. Or will that still leave them short?
If they're currently phasing out their existing 146's I think that would be a bit silly.

So let me get this straight:

Flybe take all the BAcon aircraft (except the RJ's), ground the Dash-8 300's (whatever that means, I'm assuming that means they'll get rid of them), ground the 146's, and keep the 145's for a short time as there's 28 of them. Sounds like a plan

I do however wonder that if BAcon are unprofitable using a DH8/ER4 on a route for example GLA-MAN, how the devil are flybe going to justify this with the bigger Q400 ie, if BAcon don't get pax on a Dash-300 on this route, how do flybe get the pax with the bigger aircraft? Now I know that BAcon fares were a rip-off, but lets be honest I mean flybe fares aren't really THAT cheaper now are they? I suppose they could use the bigger Dash but then reduce the number of flights, but then again there would still be inconvenience as there wouldn't be as many flights. BAcon weren't profitable with the ER4 because of competition, but now that there won't be any major competition anymore, why can't Mr French sort of say "eh, hold on a minute, these are genuinely good, fast, reliable regional jet aircraft lets just give them a painting job"? bmi regional seem to live on the aircraft and have just been voted the most puctual regional airline of the year, so why waste aircraft? Anyway I do hope it works out for flybe as they are a good company and thay get my verdict as I flew with them a month ago today.