PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar's march continues
View Single Post
Old 25th Nov 2006, 11:05
Angle of Attack

Received 33 Likes on 10 Posts
Hi, Yes regarding some previous posts regarding the cost including the taxes. travelling in Asia anyway, you will find cheaper options than Jetstar, I have studied numerous destinations and dates and ignoring the sale seats, in general Singapore Airlines, Malaysian Airlines, Garuda, Air Pacific in that order are cheaper than Jet* Price. And dare I say the service would be better, or should I say "And of course the service will be better!" Yes it is true that the other Airlines may have a stop-over but hey if your travelling with Budget in mind who cares? People will do it to save a buck. But its not about the bottom line price its the spin and the attempt to make Jet* the cheapest option in peoples PERCEPTION rather than fact. A Brain washing technique to alter the publics perception of the Airline ie "What do you mean its Jetstar? It has to be the cheapest Airline?" I had a mate travel to Melbourne earlier this year and he called me up and said he was going to buy a $129 one way ticket JetStar to Melbourne(Avalon) from Brisbane, and seemed pretty pleased about it. I asked him "Have you checked other Airlines?" His response was "Well its Jetstar should be cheapest right?" After he checked he got a $89 one way ticket to Melbourne with Qantas, haha, he couldnt believe it!!

Interesting times lets see how Jet* go after the holiday season ends..