PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PAL Pilot Exodus
View Single Post
Old 25th Nov 2006, 10:28
Cessna1052

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What's with CX anyway?I think most of the Major Airlines gives the same package or almost the same or better than with CX....except with PAL and CEBPAC of course!!!
Im sure with one thing that differs and that is the BASING for their pilots, and this scheme works very well to our American, Canadian, European and Australian(passport holder) counterparts. This wouldnt work for a Philippine based pilot,bec their Main base will then be HKG.
Not knowing about this scheme or on how they do it, but for sure CX saves some money sending their BOYS and GIRLS home on their daysoff.
Your Entry is only either a First Officer on the Freighter fleet or a Second Officer on the 744 or 340s... not that good entrance for a 30issh or 40issh years old pilot having to wait for another 7 to 10 years to Command. Its fine with the 23 to 25 yr old pilots, young and willing to wait. And if this guys are only flying Cessna SE or KING AIR, definitely, CX is a giant step for A Mankind.
No offense with our Kabayan "Machten" He did well, i intend to address this message to our fellow pinoy pilots having the thought that CX is being discriminate. Lets just put it this way, most probably CX doesnt see any benefit in the Flt Ops having to maintain Pinoy pilots with Phil passport in HKG.( they dont need SOs on a HKG-MNL-HKG flt.... neither a Freighter FO on the 744 as i dont recall seeing a CX cargo plane in NAIA or Clark....have you? and if there is, doesn't it seem expensive for CX paying you with too much for doing nothing but a MNL-HKG-MNL.Just an example.)

We dont have to question our capacities as pilots, because we have long proven that we can survive in this Multi cultural/nationalities kind of environment. To name a few companies who hired Filipinos holding Phil passports; Air Macau, EVA,KAL,ASIANA,SQ, SQ CARGO,AIR HKG,MAS,VIETNAM AIR, AIR DECCAN, SRI LANKAN, AIR ARABIA,EMIRATES, ETIHAD, GULF AIR, QATAR, SAUDIA.. and if there is anything i missed, im sorry.(intentionally omitted ANA - US and Australian citizen yung 2 piloto doon)
The Point is, there is a lot of Option if you're still planning to work as an expat. So, now tell me....What's with CX?

is it just another land to discover and conquer???

C1052