PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What are the job prospects for new CPLs? (MERGED)
Old 24th Nov 2006, 19:03
Flingingwings

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Velboy,

Please lose the chip on your shoulder. It would be more benificial to FBR and many others if you took the time to explain your differing views.

This industry is 2% qualification and ability and 98% right place at right time. What is your objection to FBR being presented with all the facts?

I can only comment on my experiences and on those of others I know. As you hold a CPL perhaps you'd share how you attained that all important foot in the door? How much revenue flying do you complete each year? Potential earnings? Long term prospects? Mine is a fair honest reflection of the difficulty a low hours cpl will face, as somebody who's been there, and who now works in the Uk onshore SPIFR section of the industry. I fear (as per your April 2006 posting regarding R22 and R44 hire near Chester for an ICAO CPL holder who wishes to fly for recreation only) that you'll be unable to provide any of the answers that FBR and others pray for.

Alternatively if you don't hold an FI rating perhaps you would share details of this school looking for 3 full time FI's as I'm sure many would be interested.

Your first impressions are way off the mark. You will be hard pushed to find anybody more committed to this industry and more upfront about the potential pitfalls. I looked at your profile to see what you were basing your views upon. Amending your profile won't change the reality FBR and others will face.

Take or leave my views. It matters not to me. I love going to work. I loved teaching people to fly. I risked everything and my gamble paid off. It doesn't change the fact that it was still a gamble.

FBR - I'm truly sorry this industry is no brighter for low hours CPL's. Good luck whatever you decide to do.

FW

Last edited by Flingingwings; 24th Nov 2006 at 19:14.