PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Silkair MI 185
Thread: Silkair MI 185
View Single Post
Old 24th Nov 2006, 14:49
millerscourt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[QUOTE=Rockhound;2983712]
I find the notion that the captain deliberately put the aircraft into a suicidal power dive extremely far-fetched but that's what circumstantial evidence points to.

Rockhound Why do you find this so far fetched?

The Captain was ruined financially and so were his parents because of his financial losses ( Huge loss of face) yet he took out a large Life Insurance Policy on his life which he could not afford on a regular basis on a Line Captain's salary with Silk Air.

He had been demoted from a Line Trainer to Line Captain ( huge loss of face) and could kiss goodbye to ever getting across to Mainline. He had previously been found guilty of pulling CB's behind his seat to lose important data.

He knew that everything he said and did beforehand would be looked at very closely so to suggest as Nortwind did that as he had arranged to be collected by his wife after the flight then that absolves him I find ludicrous. Likewise he behaved totally normally on the way down and during the turnround in Jakarta for exactly the same reason.

It was not in the interest of the Singapore Govt to look too closely into this incident with all the ramifications a verdict of suicide and murder would cost them.

Why were the thrust levers at full power? Hardly what you would expect from someone trying to gain control of an aircraft in a dive in a rudder hardover.

The F/O had everything to live for whilst the Captain did not.

It was also I believe the anniversary of a flight of A4,s which he was supposed to lead but turned back due to a mechanical fault in the Airforce which crashed into a hillside killing the whole formation. Make what you want of that but that might just be a total coincidence.