PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAM Conditions
Thread: MAM Conditions
View Single Post
Old 24th Nov 2006, 07:04
KBear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by flyboynath
I think KBear is concerned because there is no obligation for QF to maintain our employment should something change. Afterall, we are an easily dispensable workforce being "casual". Yet, I think there is good reason for concern from the perspective of all staff, weather they be crew, engineering, permanent or casual.

KBear, all we can do is wait, I for one, have maintained a position that this could happen one day regardless of a take-over bid or not. That way, I'm prepared. Hang in there for now! :-)
Hi,
Yes, I agree, I am concerned and perhaps I should have edited my post, as I do believe that if this affects anybody it will not be restricted to MAM staff.

I myself am not employed by MAM, but have recently been interviewed by them, with the hope of one day being employed by them (perhaps that may take awhile and perhaps I will never be employed by them, but that’s another story).

I have in the past; lost a job and saw my friends loose their job also, as a result of ruthless shareholders and bosses who didn't know how to tighten their own belts to save staff. So, yes I am concerned.

I also thought that this would be an interesting topic of discussion and I would like to know if anybody has any thoughts on this topic, negative or positive.
KBear.