PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Silkair MI 185
Thread: Silkair MI 185
View Single Post
Old 24th Nov 2006, 05:07
nortwinds

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Silkair MI 185

If I'd known about the imminent National Geographic documentary I'd have waited to watch it instead of asking on PPRuNe.

However the same questions are still unanswered - but maybe now this has all gone public the answer will eventually follow.

Millerscourt - I am not rubbishing the F/O. It was not an accident, and not an incident by any definition, but a tragedy that could have happened to any of us in the same circumstances.

However, when the background of one pilot has been explored so aggressively without finding the answers, why is the background of the other pilot so assumed to be out-of-bounds?

For example, B772 says "there was a rumour the F/O's DNA was found on the A/C crash axe" with the obvious implication that the captain had murdered the F/O in order to gain control of the aircraft and crash it.

I hesitate to even mention this, but why is it so completely unthinkable to even consider the faintest alternative possibility of the Captain's final desperate fight for the lives of all the other souls on board?