PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Target Pistol Shooting Petition
View Single Post
Old 22nd Nov 2006, 19:38
QFIhawkman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I do have to ask myself two questions after reading this thread. Firstly:

Why is it such a funny idea to petition the PM to stand on his head and juggle ice creams? Does this not just cheapen the system in Number 10's eyes? And therefore encourage them to remove the system of online petitioning? (Hang your head "Chuffer Dandridge!")

Secondly, (And I apologise now for being a grumpy old RAF stick in the mud) but why does Mick Gault need to train overseas? Am I missing something? I mean, I've had a look at the literature, and I'm all for atheletes training in optimum conditions, but surely as a pistol shooter he shoots pellets at a target? Does he need to go overseas to train? He's not exactly a marathon runner who needs altitude training.

While I post this in all good faith, I'm happy to be corrected on why a pistol shooter needs overseas training. I'm more than happy to have it explained to me why an MOD civilian needs military support on a petition site from members of the services, (especially on a worthless petition site as I have illustrated in my second paragraph.)

The above notwithstanding, I wish Mick all the best, I only hope our track and field atheletes get the support they deserve also, and for once deleiver where it matters.

Last edited by QFIhawkman; 22nd Nov 2006 at 19:41. Reason: Reference to the No.10 petition