View Single Post
Old 22nd Nov 2006, 11:36
tiggermoth
Chocks Away!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sparks-flying
Hi Tiggermoth

Well done!!

I may be able to fly on Saturday morning at Barton if you fancy an hour or so costsharing!!
Hey Sparks - yes that would be ideal - I'll drop you a message and (weather permitting) it should be a good laugh - thank you.

Cason - at the moment I'm not sure how much further to go with this. At least an IFR rating would be useful (here's me looking out of the window). At the moment I can't see that the effort, personal sacrifice and money worth it to become an airline pilot - but I suppose if it's one's dream then it is, and I have every admiration for those who become one.

I went to Barton (Manchester) on Monday and had a 40 minute lesson to learn how to land on grass... (the lesson was short because the light was going down)... oh boy, taxying was more like rally driving, and the perspective of runway length was more like "what perspective" - it was like landing in a big field ("which bit is the runway?" "Oh, one of the muddy bits with numbers at the beginning"). I'm sure these instructors have reinforced underpants - it was only on my fifth landing that it wasn't a complete mess, and even then I skidded on braking.... It really is a "licence to learn" isn't it?!

T.