PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bachelor in Aviation?
View Single Post
Old 20th Nov 2006, 20:47
mach2.5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dream 747

good question here, if you fail to be a pilot with an aviation degree....

yeh, i know quite a few guys finished bachlar in aviation, end up in shopping malls selling electronics....

there are at leat 20 to 25 graduates from my uni each year, and not all of them are flying right now, that is grarenteed.
same as my previous posts, if an airline wants a guy or a girl in the marketing team, why should he hire you with a piloting degree, who knows nothing about passengers, cargo, markets.....i know i would hire some one with a marketing degree for it.

as to the training, yeah, i heard from a highly qualified flight examiner, he said "yeh, they are all right, nothing different from any other guys i tested".

the biggest problem is the university (no matter which one) will think they are the step stone to airlines, they are the , and they will give you a false hope that when you finish your degree, you will fly 747....

in reality, unless they put it in writing, i dont beleive it. but i did, and now i am in GA, which i am really enjoying it, and GA is the stepping stone to airline and a life....not uni., trust me..