PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nationwide current issues (threads merged)
Old 20th Nov 2006, 17:57
Shrike200

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Perhaps I should rephrase what I said above, maybe I could be clearer. Nobody is shafting anybody else amongst the crew. I believe people are sticking up for one another, or at least trying to in difficult circumstances. It's the crew that makes the place at the moment, despite management's best efforts (to divide and conquer). On the union front, they're still finding their legs, and are working along the lines of trying to convince the company that the union is a good thing, something that allows crew and management to come to mutually acceptable solutions, rather than what many here seem to advocate - an outright headbutt fest. Saying 'you guys should stick together, and stick it to them!' just displays ignorance. It's easy to say when it's not your job and livelihood on the line, and also easy to say when you've stepped into a company that already has a strong union with plenty of support and an established rapport with management, and merely tagged along with everybody else. Try setting all that up yourself in a hostile environment, whilst holding everybody together - or perhaps maybe you have, and can offer some advice thats actually useful, other than 'Stuff them'?