PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - WSOP LDRs conference
View Single Post
Old 20th Nov 2006, 15:11
Ginger Beer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bwfg3,

Good to hear from you matey,

Like you, my family must and will always come first. You join up, get married and have children. At those special points in life your responsibilities change and your priorities change too. I have the greatest respect for the decision you have taken, it must have been a difficult one.

I am also in a position similar to yours, both professionally and personally. If the PI ends up on my desk, I hope I have the moral courage to make the right decision and look after those loved ones, who have supported me whilst serving around the world and who will be with me long after the blue fun machine has let me go.

Like you, I also enjoy this silly game we call an RAF career and I would hate to be put in a position which left me no option but to consider a different career path.

I can't understand PMA saying that there are no slots in the short to medium term at Waddo, as it was only announced last week by the CO, that from next year onwards, the OCU is to increase course output from 2 to 3 courses per year. There is obviously 1 extra slot per year from now on that PMA had not initially catered for.

A QFI on the OCU has definately been tasked to look at a couse for a LM.

Loyalty should be a two way thing? Good luck, matey

Ginge