PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - To the EK chiefs reading pprune.....
View Single Post
Old 20th Nov 2006, 04:50
chinawladi

Originally Posted by aimscabinet

While I must agree with most of your comments, I would prefer to write to the bosses directly; it could be more effective

You must be from Down Under, liking boomerangs ...........
I've done it once, a very unpleasant experience. EK only wants "top down" changes, adopting the Arab way of doing things. At first it's a easy way of managing, but very soon you're confronted with passive resistance. Nobody gives a damn, no more reports, your leading capacity runs through your hands like water. Then you might try pressure, but water is incompressible, like passive resistance. That has been proven over and over again. It's definitely more effective than standing ostensively in the way of some fat tank or dumb dictator.
Our leaders, especially AAR and TC, will never listen to you, you're way too low in the food chain. They need to suddenly realise that they have created a workforce that simply does as told, but does not think any inch further than "when is block on". They will only react if it hits the polls and the sooner it does, the better for us. Anyone working on days off, going into excessive overtime, going the extra mile for anything or anyone but for himself, is just emphasizing EK in believing they're doing it right.
Submitting more reports or writing to our bosses merely tells them you actually read their crap and you actually care.
I would care for the company, and finally for myself, if there would be a two way street, but the one in EK today looks about as intelligently built as the Al Barsha crossing to the Greens road. And there's about as little concern about both shortcomings among any of the respective bosses.