PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CORK - 4
Thread: CORK - 4
View Single Post
Old 19th Nov 2006, 15:28
brian_dromey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sky Conductor
i would'nt cry about it! Instead why not go out for a few drinks and a bit of craic rather sitting at home going out of your mind with worry about air bridges,CAT3 ILS and thinking that the whole world is against your cute little airport!

This guy clearly has no concept of what the weather condtions can be like in ORK. Our unique brand of "fog"(its actually fast moving, low lying cloud) causes unnecessary and costly diversions. Crews, pax and a/c end up in the wrong place, and flights are cancelled. Crosswinds are also an issue at EICK, I believe. Cat III would be a very useful addition to EICK , but due to the astronomical cost of the terminal(thanks to Aer Rianta/DAA) and the physical location of the airport its unattainable.

The suggestion of a conspiracy, is quite frankly s*** stirring, no one has ever said that "Oh my God, like, the whole world is against us" Quite the opposite, in fact, and the numerous blunders of DAA/CAA are posted here as an example of how a great facility woth huge potential is being wasted(same could be said for DUB). All 200 million worth of tax payers money. The CAA have toally lost the plot, if they ever had a grasp of it. Instead of chasing new customers to replace EZY, BA/Logan Air, CSA, etc they pick up some second-hand trolleys from the DAA! I honestly do not believe these guys! Imagine, going to attract the likes of Lufthansa,SAS or Continental and saying, "sorry we can't guarantee an airbridge in a terminal costing 200million(we still dont know how to use the one we've got, and the others got lost on the way, but we do have a shiny new fleet of second-hand baggage trolleys"

Finally it is not a case of wanting "to play in an airbridge". The problem here is the WX situation at EICK. Wet, windy and a fine old hike down to stand 3/4/5 or to 12-15. It is DANGEROUS, as evidenced by the unfortunate lady who injured herself, not so long ago. Imagine if DUB did not have the "temporary boarding lounge", and expected pax to walk to those stands, except windier, and wetter! Then you get an idea of the stuation.

Anyways, enough of this. Have the CAA got their act together and bedded any new routes and airlines for next summer?