PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot Wedding Jokes
View Single Post
Old 18th Nov 2006, 08:11
an3_bolt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Speeches

....I am sure there are many - but the special day is not about planes and pilots....it is really about something else.
I was very fortunate to have had a great best man at my wedding - whom I am eternally grateful for - he made a fantastic speech that was entertaining for all - had almost no references to aeroplanes, and made the day for the wife and her family something special to remember when times are tuff or feeling a little down. He made me feel very special and appreciated - and am sure my wife felt the same...after all - everyone was gathered together to celebrate the event!!(and drink free booze)
I have also had the honour of making a speech or 2 at a wedding/s and watching others as well - the ones I have most enjoyed have treated the speech from the best man as a special moment for the couple and the best wishes and support for the future - definately not about trying to be funny or telling secrets to the masses. Trying to embaress the couple is not a smart thing from a thinking man.....
Good luck with the speech - I hope you enjoy the day!!