PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Random Testing
Thread: Random Testing
View Single Post
Old 18th Nov 2006, 06:59
3MTA3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 1DC
Icepack..
Interesting fact.. The booze test gave an instant result and the drug test took about ten days. You could be sent home for being over the booze limit but go and blowup the plant or ship when under the influence of drugs and they would only know after you had done it!!!
Quite interesting that you mention that: I just clicked on one of the Google ads located on the left about drug testing: the company is selling drug tests which are supposed to give results in 2 minutes. According to them, no special knowledge is required to handle this test. So we might soon be given a drug test by the same kind of moron who just confiscated the captain's cheese sandwich because it was too liquid... Do you really think that airlines will invest in trained medical personnel to give the test? We don't even have enough nurses and doctors in our hospitals.
It was mentionned above that we are not tested for fatigue. In the past years I haven't met a single drunk colleague in the cockpit. But I had to stop counting how many of them were in an extreme state of fatigue. And fatigue has been proven to have the equivalent effects of twice the legal alcohol limit.