PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA to recruit DEPs on to the 744.
View Single Post
Old 3rd Apr 2001, 15:37
Andy_Pandy

Loaded1

Thanks for your reply and I can see why you feel the way you do.

I agree with your point that the dividing line between a BA/othe airline career is a lot less clear than it was. This can only be good for us less recruits = rising salaries.

My reason for posting was to counterbalance some of the more extreme views that gave the impression that BA is a dreadful airline to work for, it is not. It may not be the place of old eg gone is the pilots private dining room, Queens Building dormitory, days of sitting in the pilots lounge playing cards while on shuttle backup and getting paid a mint should you be called! We are also working harder than ever before but I still work less than my colleagues in some other airlines.

Son of Piltdown

You illustrate the point loaded1 makes - the dividing line is less clearcut than of old. I had the same dilemma when considering Cathay some years ago. It was shortly after the introduction of the 'B' scale and before the handover. I thought long and hard and then didn't return the completed application forms. Ten years previously I probably would not have hesitated. I made the right decision but it only becomes apparent over time. You have to make a judgement on the best information available at the time.

The Zombie

I hardly think your contribution adds anything to reasoned argument.