PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA to recruit DEPs on to the 744.
View Single Post
Old 3rd Apr 2001, 13:10
Andy_Pandy

Loaded1

Sorry but I cannot remain silent any longer. You claim that you will be leaving BA if things don't improve but it would be very interesting to hear from you again after twelve months working for another operator.

I have experience of two other operators prior to BA and while I would be the first to acknowledge that not everything is perfect (funny I have never worked for a company where it is) I cannot think of another UK airline that I would rather be working for.

New entrant pay will have to be addressed in the future if the rumours are correct that the flow of new entrants is drying up but despite rumours to the contrary very few people have left BA although undoubtedly a few have and this in itself is a significant change from past years.

I have numerous friends in other airlines (one of whom turned down a job with BA because he has considerable seniority in Brittania and could not afford the pay drop) and although they have what can be described as good positions when I look at the overall package - choice of aircraft, pension, lifestyle, route structure, staff travel, etc. - I am afraid that BA compares very favourably and I actually enjoy working for the company.

I fail to see how so many of these negative postings that make sweeping assertions and generalisations can actually improve matters apart from frightening off potential recruits so creating a shortage in order to jack the starter rates up.

Actually that's a thought I wouldn't recommend anybody to join this awful underpaid, overworked sweatshop of an airline.

Finally to Normal_Nigel I have read PPRuNe for some considerable time and noted that nearly all your postings are gratuitously offensive and unpleasant. I can't make up my mind whether you do it on purpose to provoke reaction or whether you are just immature. Whichever it is you might care to reflect on the impression it gives to others.

And before anybody starts, no I am not management but just an ordinary 15 year line captain with 6 years to go.

[This message has been edited by Andy_Pandy (edited 03 April 2001).]