PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar's march continues
View Single Post
Old 17th Nov 2006, 09:40
lowerlobe
Registered User **

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think the point from Schlonghaul is that the J* myth is being unraveled at last.
They have told us that they are cutting staff costs so that the punter will enjoy cheaper travel.The Ads that Schlonghaul mentions prove otherwise.

The whole exercise that has been called J* does not achieve cheaper seats for the punter nor does it achieve any sort of satisfactory profit for the QF group.In fact J* has not even contributed 2% to the total group profit.

As peuce has mentioned in regard to the product ,the company has been pretty shabby.If Darth had spent the same amount of money on improving the QF product instead of setting up J* he would almost certainly made more than 1.6% of total profit.

Longjohn,if the company continues to treat both it’s Australian employees and the travelling Australian public the same way then I believe that SQ deserves to get all the business it can.

To be honest I would much rather spend my money on VB or SQ or any other airline I choose than contribute to Darths bonus.