Thread: Random Testing
View Single Post
Old 16th Nov 2006, 13:12
SLFguy

Rotate on this!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by I-FORD
Pilots never party.
They are superhuman machines that can stand 17 hours of duty without feeling sleepy, they don't eat or drink in the cockpit, they control transonic machines that weight hundreds of tons, they challege the strongest natural events without the least change in their heartpulse.
Sometimes they fail, stop working properly or just reach the "best before" date (60 yrs old) but are easily replaced by those everworking pilots producing plants called FTOs.

As a superhuman machine I feel insulted by this proposal of random testing, as I am from the security harassment.
Anyway the only way I will have to avoid both is to avoid flying.
The problems I had infligh related to drugs and alchool abuse only came from passengers, I strongly suggest random testing for them as well.
You seem to get near to making about 23 different points without ever finally getting there.

MY point, (you seem not to have got it - bless), is that the original poster seemed to be of the opinion that such random tests may dissuade someone who was 'borderline' from pitching up for work. If that's part of his argument against testing then I reiterate my comment - I hope to God he's not a pilot!

You have a problem with that logic?...