PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Monarch T & C's
Thread: Monarch T & C's
View Single Post
Old 15th Nov 2006, 19:35
ZBMAN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I didn't mean the time to command was longer at easy, just that with it sub 2years in Monarch there isn't much in it by the time you've moved and done a year or so RHS.
Fact or wishful thinking? If true it beats Ryanair then Somehow I can't see MP agreeing to that, but hey, what do I know?

Along with Office Pest I have just left Monarch and have now converted to the Orange ideology . I must admit my roster looks pretty damn good! Also being able to plan what I will be doing in March is absolutely brilliant. Much like Office Pest I have enjoyed my time with Spotty M, and I miss my ex colleagues very much (Hi to those who may be reading), and the reasons for my move have much to do with basing. BUT what made it a no-brainer, are the TC's at eJ which are quite significantly better than those at Monarch. Time to command may be getting shorter at Monarch, but will it really become as short as ej's? Monarch's training dept are already under considerable strain, will they be able to cope with the extra burden? Time to command at eJ is essentially variable, but can be as low as year if you have the experience. The main bottleneck is, as usual the training capacity. I have been told that people are having to wait 6 to 8 months after their command assesment for a slot on a course.

Both are good airlines, but the advantage now goes to eJ. But with more people voting with their feet who knows what RS will come up with. For now for those wanting to join Monarch from eJ or elsewhere I would say think very very carefuly, and avoid the FBW fleet at all costs.

oh just noticed my screen name is now obsolete. oh well I'll just stick with it for now in memory of the good old days!