PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ABERDEEN
Thread: ABERDEEN
View Single Post
Old 15th Nov 2006, 14:14
throw a dyce

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Roach,
To try and answer some of your points.
1.Build a new International Terminal.Leave the existing one for Domestic.
2.We have a problem with some foreign airlines.Most GMC controllers know who they are and try to prevent it,if they have time.
3.You can depart within the slot minus 5 to plus 10 mins.Given 10 mins for start and taxi,I will tell the pilot to expect start 15 mins before slot.I will not give earlier start if it blocks the airport.Let them whinge don't care.
4.Nazis storm troopers.
5.We tried getting squawks from Scatcc in advance,but they complained that the Tay sector was drowning in strips.The squawk is only requested on start up,but can give the rest of it prior to start.
6.Yup agree with you there,but Nats management wouldn't.They think it's a sleepy little hollow,with a couple of jetrangers.They are only interested in places below Hadrians wall,and especially the London area.It's been like that since the Oil started.
I've always said that it's a tricky place to validate both Tower and Radar.Our management has destroyed terms and conditions,and moral over the last 15 years,and it is the lowest pay in Nats now.The job is just a difficult as ever and the place has always had a high turnover in staff.The Airport ATCOs ain't happy.