PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sikorsky S-92: From Design to Operations
View Single Post
Old 14th Nov 2006, 21:26
HeliComparator

Received 39 Likes on 21 Posts
212 - Thanks for posting that it certainly looks great and gives good situational awareness - of course the normal plotting of the route etc is a good start but the EGPWS display makes it look much better.

Its just such a pity that it bears only a passing resemblance to reality and therefore the situation that you are aware of is the situation that existed some months ago when the database was created, and not the situation right now with that invisible 500' crane barge just in front of you. Its just as well you are at 2000'!

Struggling to put sarcasm aside, I just wanted to point out that this does summarise the problem for me - a very alluring and believable display that unfortunately may have very low integrity. Do you honestly think that someone one day will not trundle on in the soup and fly into that "thing" that should not be there according to Mr Honeywell?

I still owe you a response about EGPWS as an AVAD replacement as you were putting words into my mouth, but to be honest I have been too busy this week with the "day job" and anyway it seems that some others have taken up the torch...

HC