PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LUTON - 4
Thread: LUTON - 4
View Single Post
Old 14th Nov 2006, 05:07
LTNman

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ClearLand08

I was initially a bit uncertain as to how the Harrods hangar 129 plans fitted into the area around the cargo apron. I overlaid the plans on to a satellite image and I think this is where it fits in:
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/spencer...sHanger129.jpg
How did you manage to get that Harrods map to sit over the satellite image????? You must be very clever.

Anyway Harrods claim that their new apron will be bigger than the old one although they did not lease all of the south stands. Looking at Google map, even if they knocked down all the old hangers in that area there still would not be enough room. The clue must be in the fact that Harrods do not show a new apron in their map, which might indicate that indeed the cargo apron will indeed become the new Harrods ramp.

So with the cargo building facing this apron how are Harrods going to get away from the image that their passengers are just cargo?

If the airport moves the cargo apron are they going to move the cargo building? If they move the cargo building and apron where are they going to move them to?

Why don’t Harrods just build a new building between the cargo building and their hangar? If they did that then their building would be on the same level as the apron. At the moment it is all questions and no answers.