PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VirginBlue Pay/Conditions
View Single Post
Old 13th Nov 2006, 06:28
SHRAGS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My 2 cents.

I am not a DJ driver but from what I can tell from the offer is that there are 2 massive improvements.

One is an overtime rate as opposed to just a salary. 68.3 stick per 28 days equates to 74.4 per calendar month. Anything above that is gravy so doing 77 hours a month is an EXTRA $5000 per year (not including 6 weeks leave) and thats not too hard. That is a bloody good pay rise! The way I read it this also goes up 3% as does the annual bonus (more than QF Shorthaul have been offered).

Second is an improved rostering system that guarantee's 10 days off per 28 days. I believe that there is an improved bidding program as part of it as well. These will significantly improve lifestyle as well.

It's more money if you do the hours and its a better lifestyle as well. Not bad.
I think that some might not be looking at it by comparison to your old salary system and haven't considered the overtime bit.

One thing I wouldn't do is sign up for 5 years though if that is an option. In 3 years I think pilots may be worth more as the market struggles for experienced crew and that could help get better than 3%.

Just my 2 cents.