PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - One Pilot Union in Australia
View Single Post
Old 11th Nov 2006, 01:00
Lucius Vorenus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mulder,

I like your reasoning

That is why I say that it is the 20 - 45 year old demographic that will drive the profession into the future.
It must be that demographic that drives change...but will it? They will certainly have to wear the future they are constructing through their mistaken trust.

They know what is acceptable by modern work practice standards and do not hold on to antiquated warfies rules. They know the meaning of "a fair days work for a fair days pay" unlike many of the institutionalised “baby boomers”.
Do they? Or are they snouts in the trough just like their older pals? Look at the general conservatism of S/Os on the '400. They won't accept any change thank you.

When the younger generation wake up to the fact they have been spived by self promoters for personal gain, things may progress. Until then, we will suffer the consequences.
The only way for the younger generation to realise might be, unfortunately, the hard way...anything you or I might say to them will be construed as politically slanted.."is it coz I is black?"

Bolty,
Imagine where AIPA would be now if they had taken on the Eastern , Sun State, regoinal, Impulse pilots etc etc under its wing all those years ago??
What if we had won the lottery...equally likely I think.

I'll have a beer with both of you some day.