PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Calling all Indair and AirIndia Pilots from UAE ATC
Old 10th Nov 2006, 03:10
Left Coaster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Culture or clutter?

It would seem that in order to have a system of RT and ATC work well, both the pilots and ATC guys need the tools that help. And after yesterdays examples overheard in Indian Airspace (Calcutta) no one has them, at least in that part of the world. Shameful display of professionalism from both parties! Fighting and shouting at each other on the air is preschool behaviour at it's best.(Although it might have been comical if it didn't happen so often!) Too much stress put on both the ATC boys and young local pilots by an over competitive atmosphere promulgated by need to show status. In addition the airspace allowances between the Indian military and the ever growing civilian requirements is putting too much stress on the ATC system. What everyone needs to realise is that the rule is: DO NOT take it out on each other...I have had too many (one!) ATC guys shout (yes! and for quite a while too!) at me on final into BOM and heard some other beauties as well and it worries me that a disaster is not far off. Just keep it cool guys and learn from others, we are all pro's here and can help one another. Work within whatever system you have, if you can. Thanks,
LC

Last edited by Left Coaster; 10th Nov 2006 at 03:12. Reason: speling...:)