PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF S/O gripe site
View Single Post
Old 9th Nov 2006, 21:45
DutchRoll

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah I'm disappointed I didn't see it too. However, can I be so bold as to say that I believe the DCP made a gregarious blunder in sending out his letter to all 2300 or so QF pilots? All they've done is talk about it and who may have been mentioned non-stop ever since! All the company had to do was approach the website owners accompanied by a company lawyer and it would've been taken down in no time at all, without fanfare (as I believe actual names were mentioned, it could probably fall squarely into the libel bag).

On the general topic of d#$*head captains, f/os and s/os, no rank is perfect. My experience in flying with all QF ranks is that 90% of the guys are fine, maybe 8% of them are a bit odd, and perhaps 2% test the bounds of my tolerance (which are actually very, very wide). The only difference with a Captain falling into the latter category, is that unfortunately he is running the show and that can lead to or exacerbate other problems.

TL is absolutely right. In the majority of cases I've observed or heard about, it seems to be a straightforward personality conflict.