PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Weather realated DELAYS!
View Single Post
Old 9th Nov 2006, 13:31
Pax Vobiscum

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flying back to LHR from DUS with BA on Monday, there was significant disruption due to fog at Heathrow. I arrived at Dusseldorf early for my 19:05 (last flight of the day) to find the 14:15 cancelled and the 16:25 50 minutes delayed. I was certainly glad that I was on a scheduled carrier as I had reasonable hopes that if it all went 'pear-shaped' I stood a good chance of being looked after.

Eventually the 17:55 was delayed 90 minutes, at which point I enquired about my 19:05 - 'expected on time' was the reply, which indeed turned out to be the case - yippee!

What surprised me was that my flight was less than half full - I had a row of three seats down the back all to myself. If I'd been on the 17:55, I would certainly have been trying to get on the later (but, in reality, earlier) flight. Are there operational reasons why this wouldn't have been possible?

Anyway, thanks to the ground staff at DUS and the cabin crew on BA945 for being cheerful and helpful (the CC confided in me that they were concerned there would be insufficient catering, but I was the last one to be served and got my all-day-deli ham butty + chocy mousse, so it must have worked out in the end).

PV

PS On the flight out, the in-flight snack was exactly one Jordans Muesli Bar. Bring back the kaesebroetchen (I never thought I'd hear myself say that)!