PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lebanese Civil Aircraft Downed By Missile?
Old 25th May 2001, 02:53
mach78

Oh Steepclimb, so dramatic- a "VNE" dive- very technical.Would it really have to be "VNE"??? Have you ever seen any sort of substantial building hit by a light aircraft(not containing explosives)-there is not much left of the aircraft, I assure you.

Now going back to attacks on the Knesset, or any other "material" targets-I think you will find Hezbollah and the rest not too interested in this form of attack, when they have (in their eyes) been so sucessful with recent lone suicide bomber attacks.Their strategy, had you been watching events close enough, was in effect taking life for life.This has surely got the Israelies worried.

Not that I condone this type of attack, however every day unarmed Palestinians(sorry, armed with stones!) are being killed and is very often never reported in the media-I wonder why?
The overkill policy adopted by Israel, including the use of F-16's and tanks may be popular for home consumption, but will never be a solution to their problems and only earns the condemnation of world opinion.

As for Sharon, the man is a warmonger who will only inflame and aggravate the situation.A negotiated settelement under Senator Mitchell is the only (distant)hope of a solution and the Palestinians have declared their willingness to co-operate with Mitchell

Will Sharon?-I doubt it.