PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Copilot Takes Command After Captain's 'Anxiety Attack'
Old 8th Nov 2006, 22:21
vapilot2004

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Poor guy - He's not alone either......

This is a good example of the profitable doping of otherwise normal healthy people, sanctioned by well-meaning but ill-informed doctors gone terribly wrong. These over-medicated folks may need only a few changes in life, spiritural guidance or perhaps just some time to heal emotionally.

I have met few people who have actually been helped by such medications. Many many more have had numerous disturbing episodes on these drugs. Quaking hands, nervous ticks, loss of libido, thoughts of suicide and uncharacteristic violent outbursts are just a few 'side effects' of the many drugs out there.

The likes of Merck et al cannot even say how these drugs work specifically in the brain but it can be clearly shown how the sales of same affect their bottom lines. We have survived modern life just fine without these chemical concoctions for many decades. Why should we submit ourselves to these unknowns now. It is a crap shoot and the cost is losing our friends and family's sanity.

/rant with apologies. It is a sore subject for me.

I offer my best wishes to our doped Captain and wish him a speedy trip back to normalcy and the left seat - perferably sans-ADs.