PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Monarch T & C's
Thread: Monarch T & C's
View Single Post
Old 8th Nov 2006, 20:47
Easy Ryder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pitts,

The ONLY way you'll see the 330 in 6-12 months is if the company gets more. I know for sure they are lookin (was told by a management pilot) for at least 2 or 3 more but when (if) we see them...... who knows. Problems are, a larger pax door req'd for the 90s evac in a charter config, and the right engines. Because our 320s and 321s have different engines, the CAA have stated any new 330s need to have the same engines as our current 2. A current FO joining now will be waiting at least 3 yrs if we stick with just the 2. If you get promoted to the LHS before then, the wait will be at least 8 yrs or more, probably more chance on being typed on the 787.

You'll be happy to know all trainers i've come accross in MON are all fair, and not bullies.

Days off in summer..... well you'll be working hard, real hard. Runs of 5 or 6 with only 2 days off in between are not uncommon. I got plot changed extra days off as i busted my 90hrs in 28days one month. Having said that the 2 sectors a day will feel a lot better than the 4 or 6 sectors your used too.

If your based in LGW you can expect to be sent to EDI for a few days in summer, however the rumour is the 757 guys will cover that next summer. Lots of horrible night flights too.

MAN pilots will get the occasional AGP nightstop which just started again this month. I think they still do ABZ but heard a whisper thats going to LTN crews as well? Someone please correct me.

LTN based pilots get sent EVERYWHERE! Hardly ever fly out of their base but the voyage money makes the bank account look good. Again great if your single but may be a pain with a family. LTN pilots easily make the most money.

BHX as far as i know go nowhere else.

Yes there may well be a CAPT prob shortly, however the raised retirement age will help this out a bit. 4000hrsTT to be considered, rumoured to be reducing to 3500hrs. Will depend on seniority, you may find yourself already having more than those hours but obviously those more senior to you will be promoted first.

Rushed,

The ex-EZ guys that got the 330 early, i believe worked for MON as CTC, went to EZ then came back to MON. This was what i was told, could be wrong.

Yes your right looks like those hired 2 yrs ago and last yr will only (have only) be waiting 2 yrs for the 330. However many many pilots have been hired earlier this year and many more this comming Jan and Feb. Based on that, and the average intake of new 330 FOs per year, it may be some time, ie more than 2 yrs, before they see the 330. If new joiners got bumped onto the 330 by-passing seniority, i imagine there will be a big who-ha about it! If we get a couple more 330s i think virtually everyone will be typed on them and it will be just a matter of waiting on your course date.

Last edited by Easy Ryder; 8th Nov 2006 at 21:05.