PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF S/O gripe site
View Single Post
Old 8th Nov 2006, 06:48
podbreak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Outside of work S/Os and F/Os should be entitled to express their opinions amongst themselves, in the absence of any real system to address these issues, which is what this appears to have been. Many captains are unapproachable about poor CRM. I strongly believe respect goes two ways, if my fellow crew member (junior to me or otherwise) is to give me respect, I owe them equal respect. Just because some folks aren't allowed to land the machine doesn't mean they are useless young wippersnappers. I think this site should have been ringing alarm bells with mister chief, it has sprouted from a sub-culture of certain skippers who have bad CRM and make themselves unavailable for constructive criticism. Yes some S/Os and F/Os are whingers, and many are far from perfect themselves, but its commonplace for a skipper to put them back in their box (most of the time in a constructive beneficial manner). There is next to no reciprocation of this (aside from those with enormous testicles). If the deputy chief wanted to better the company, he should have used this information to improve CRM amongst ALL crew, instead of muting the ones with least authority.