PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF S/O gripe site
View Single Post
Old 8th Nov 2006, 03:16
Keg

Nunc est bibendum

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by rammel
You would have to wonder at the judgement of some people if they constantly bag the company on a company hosted forum, using their own name.
This is from the Qantas On Board Managers course.

Many management programs cite the willingness of the follower to tell the truth as the single most important characteristic of follower. It is in the best interests of the crew that an effective follower shares his or her best counsel with the person in charge of their applicable work group. This could be the Captain for safety related issues of the CSS or CSM for service related issues. From a leader’s perspective, silence- not dissent- is the issue to be avoided. It is ironic then that the follower who voices dissent in an appropriate manner and who may face possible retribution (from an insecure or ineffective leader?) is showing exactly the kind of initiative that effective leadership is made of.
I've always found it interesting section of the course.

Riddler, you make some decent points but unfortunately you haven't read the letter and so you're missing some fundamental things. DCP made it very clear that he was writing the letter as a QF driver and not as DCP and that it was a personal opinion and not a company one. Therefore no company intimidation involved.

As with everything there are two sides to this to this letter. The S/O site is just an IT solution ot the old grape vine as to the habits and traits of some of our crew- I understand that some F/Os and S/Os cop a slagging on the site too. I've never see the site though.

There are a couple of other things but I need to go and pick up mini-Kegette from school.