PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mango - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 7th Nov 2006, 19:22
Shrike200

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jbayfan
Where Mango is going to catch a wake-up call is when they try to turn a B738 with 186 pax in 25 minutes at an African airport, especially at JIA where chaos is the norm, not the exception. That will kill their planned utilisation of 12.5 hours per aircraft per day and will seriously piss off their pax with late departures and arrivals.
Yes, I'm pretty curious about this point myself - if they routinely succeed, it will be a wonderful opportunity to see how they do it. I don't want to be a sceptic though, but my current opinion is that they will struggle more often than not. 'Tis the season of the T-storm as well, just to add to the mix....

Picture the scenario: The aircraft is parked on a B or C20+ stand, no airstair, which means 180+ pax must be bussed from, then to the aircraft. Add weather, JIA chaos, any technical snags (should be few on the -800's though)......it'll be a real challenge. Lets see how they hold up.